THE LAPWORTH CHARITY
VACANCY AT POUND CLOSE ALMSHOUSES
The Lapworth Charity currently have a vacancy at the Pound Close Almshouses. The accommodation consists of a ground floor bungalow comprising a living/dining room, kitchen, bathroom (wetroom) and one bedroom, designed for single occupancy, but couples may be accepted.
Applicants are usually resident in the Parish of Lapworth at the time of appointment, normally retired and have limited financial resources. Residents must be able to live independently, since no care or other services are provided. Pets are not allowed at Pound Close, unless exceptionally agreed by the Trustees.
Further information and application forms can be obtained from the Secretary/Administrator to the Lapworth Charity by contacting:
Mrs Helen Wollerton
Telephone 01564 784193 or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Friday 24th January 2020.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview. Interviews are expected to be held in February 2020.
Stanks Island/Birmingham Road Scheme Programme
The following traffic restrictions will be in place from 13th January 2020 until Spring 2020:-
• Wedgnock Lane southbound will be closed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from its junction with Cape Road to Wedgnock roundabout.
- Westbound traffic on the A425 will no longer be able to turn right onto Wedgnock Lane and will be diverted around Stanks Island and back where turning left into Wedgnock Lane is permitted. This will be in place 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Traffic from Budbrooke Road will be banned from turning right onto Birmingham Road from 9.30am until 3.30pm Monday to Friday if temporary signals are in use. During this time traffic will be diverted around Stanks Island and back. Without this ban, 3-way temporary traffic signals would be required which would cause significant delays to the network.
Traffic modelling has revealed that closing the road southbound is the safest option with the least impact on the network, however the closure will cause congestion during the am and pm rush hours which will increase journey times.
Advanced signs will also be erected on 2nd January to notify all road users of the closure. A plan of the restrictions is shown below.
Did you know that fibre broadband may be available to you already?
CSW Broadband has already completed these upgrades to communities within Lapworth parish:
Cabinet / Structure: Area served by upgrade:
|Knowle PV5070 (FTTP)||Chessetts Wood – Parts of the Bakers Lane area|
|Knowle PV5100 FTTP||Chessetts Wood – Chessetts Wood Road area|
|Lapworth 10||Parts of Lapworth – including properties within the Lapworth St / Old Warwick Rd / Packwood Lane & Pound Close areas|
|Lapworth 13 (EO)||Parts of Lapworth – including Old Warwick Rd / Mill Lane / Pound Close / Broome Hall Lane / Canal Side & St Chads Mews areas|
|Lapworth 14 (AIO)||Parts of Lapworth – including properties in the Glasshouse Lane area|
|Lapworth 15 (AIO)||Parts of Lapworth – including Chessetts Wood Rd / Chapel Lane & Valley Lane areas|
|Lapworth 3||Parts of Lapworth – including properties in the Kingswood Close / Priory Close / Rising Lane & Station Lane areas|
|Lapworth 5||Parts of Lapworth – including the Station Lane / Meadow Lane / Old Warwick Road / Yew Tree Close & Lapworth Oaks areas|
|Lapworth 7||Lapworth / Lowsonford – parts of the Lapworth St area|
|Lapworth 8||Lapworth – including parts of Chessetts Wood Rd / Mill Lane / Rising Lane areas|
|Lapworth 9||Lapworth – including parts of Wharf Lane / Spring Lane / Stratford Road / Church Lane areas|
|Lapworth PV33 (FTTP)||Lapworth / Lowsonford – parts of the Lapworth St area|
|Lapworth PV34 (FTTP)||Parts of Lapworth – including Old Warwick Rd / Wharf Lane / Grove Lane / Church Lane areas|
|Lapworth PV43 FTTP||Parts of Copt Green area – including properties within the B94 5PE & B94 5PJ postcodes|
|Lapworth PV46 (FTTP)||Lapworth / Lowsonford – parts of the Lapworth St area|
|Lapworth PV53 (FTTP)||Lapworth – including properties within the Rising Lane area|
To find out if you can get fibre broadband:
- Enter your landline number or address into the BT Broadband Availability Checker.
If fibre is available, either ‘VDSL Range A & B’ or ‘WBC FTTP’ will be listed in the ‘Featured Products’ column of the results table along with the speeds you are likely to achieve.
- Remember, that if fibre is available, you will need to order the improved service to benefit from it.
- Use a comparison site such as: MoneySavingExpert.com, Broadbandchoices, Broadband Genie or Cable.co.uk to find / order a broadband package that meets your needs.
What are the benefits?
Having access to faster broadband allows you to:
- Browse the web faster
- Stream HD films, TV shows, games and videos without buffering slowing you down
- Talk face-to-face with friends and family using Skype, FaceTime or similar software
- Compete with other businesses in the increasingly competitive global marketplace
- Reduce workplace costs through remote working / working from home
Please Note: Not every property connected to an upgraded FTTC cabinet is guaranteed to benefit due to some properties’ distances from the cabinet and/or the quality of copper connections.
5G has arrived in the UK (in certain areas at least!)
EE has switched on 5G in Solihull, and if you have a 5G compatible phone, you can now receive the latest mobile network technology.
The arrival of 5G in Solihull means people in the town are among the first in the country to benefit from the technology, which is set to revolutionise the way we live and work
For more information on EE’s 5G network visit www.ee.co.uk/5G